Thursday, June 25, 2009

#1 Church Fan!!!

I am a fan of the Church. As odd as that sounds, I haven't always been. Used to be, I was so "disgusted" by the things I saw in the Church, (sin, selfishness, unscriptural decision-making etc...) that I didn't want anything to do with it.
Then after a couple of years of floundering outside the Church, I was telling God how disgusting it was to me, when it occured to me that it might just matter what God thinks about that. Boy, was I right!!! He spoke to my heart that the Church is His bride. He let me know that I wouldn't be happy with anyone who told me "I love you, but I hate your wife" The Church belongs to God and He loves her enough to send His only Son to die for her...so that she could be with Him.
My views on the Church radically changed from that day forward. I am now committed to working for God's Church in any way He would see fit to use me. He loves Her...so then, do I.
More on this later!

1 comment: